The Agilisys Podcast: Automating NHS Electronic Staff Record processes
Welcome to the latest episode of the Agilisys podcast, which discusses how robotic process automation (RPA) is being used to successfully automate processes involved with maintaining the Electronic Staff Record (ESR), the essential workforce management solution for the NHS in England and Wales.
This RPA implementation is a prime example of how the NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA) is using the technology to deliver efficiency gains, enhance service delivery and bring benefits to team members within the organisation.
To discuss the work that has taken place in more detail, we’re joined by Ivan Barber, RPA Programme Manager at NHSBSA and David Booth, Head of Systems Integration at the ESR NHS Central Team. Topics covered include:
- The need to automate Electronic Staff Record processes
- How NHSBSA identified robotic process automation as the right technology to use
- The methods followed in order to plan and implement this project
- Benefits realised so far and the impact this automation will have on people within internal teams – and to organisations across the NHS
- Key learnings from this RPA project and advice for others at similar points in their automation journey, or those just starting out.