Find out how robotic process automation is due to save the NHS Business Services Authority pensions team over 25,000 hours a year.
At a glance:
- The NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA) completed a detailed discovery within the Pension service to identify where automation could be used.
- The top four error codes – generated by data misalignment on different form types submitted by the NHS pensions scheme employers – were identified as the first candidates for RPA Automation.
- Complexity and volume was creating potential for human error and backlog.
- RPA was delivered through an agile methodology that broke down the workflow to create one parent process and multiple child processes.
- Processes were streamlined to make them automation ready and eliminate non-value adding manual steps prior to automation.
- Automatic processing of more than 11,500 error codes was completed in ~643 hours with 100% adherence to SLAs and quality.
- Reduced turnaround time for administrators frees them up to focus on resolving complex activities.