Automating the pensions error handling process for NHSBSA using Blue Prism Cloud
Find out how robotic process automation is due to save the NHS Business Services Authority pensions team over 25,000 hours a year.
At a glance:
- The NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA) completed a detailed discovery within the Pension service to identify where automation could be used.
- The top four error codes – generated by data misalignment on different form types submitted by the NHS pensions scheme employers – were identified as the first candidates for RPA Automation.
- Complexity and volume was creating potential for human error and backlog.
- RPA was delivered through an agile methodology that broke down the workflow to create one parent process and multiple child processes.
- Processes were streamlined to make them automation ready and eliminate non-value adding manual steps prior to automation.
- Automatic processing of more than 11,500 error codes was completed in ~643 hours with 100% adherence to SLAs and quality.
- Reduced turnaround time for administrators frees them up to focus on resolving complex activities.