Data Ethics: Asking ‘should we?’ not ‘could we?’
Across the public sector we’re creating more data – and doing more with it – than ever before.
At the same time, organisations are increasingly coming under scrutiny for how they collect and use data. That means it’s essential to move beyond the ‘can we’ to the point where we are building the right foundations that ensure data ethics becomes an important lever in helping people and organisations to build legitimacy and trust around how data is accessed, used, and shared.
Join our session at UK Authority’s Digital Event, as we explore the true meaning of data ethics and how it differs from information governance. Hear from Kate Hemstock, Principal Data and Insights Consultant at Agilisys, and Jonathan Dowey, Head of Performance and Insight at Avon & Somerset Police as they discuss:
- The implications of getting data ethics wrong
- How it differs from information governance
- Relevance of data ethics for decisions on service design and delivery
- How Avon & Somerset Police have become a national leader in the use of data and insight
- Our emerging framework ideas that will empower better ethical decisions