The Agilisys Podcast: Technology enabled district councils part 1
Welcome to the first in our series of podcasts looking into technology enabled district councils.
It goes without saying that the chaos of the COVID-19 pandemic has challenged the public sector in ways none of us could ever have predicted. All organisations – district councils very much included – have been forced to rethink how new ways of working can be embraced and how citizen-centric services can be delivered differently.
As a result, mindsets have shifted and digital transformation accelerated, thanks in no small part to the rise and rise of flexible, scalable, fleet of foot IT that’s equally suited to a district council as it is a larger authority.
In this podcast, we explore the challenges district councils are facing and how technology is helping to overcome them, discuss how leaders can ensure that funding and the business case for investment in technology are where they need to be, and look at where those responsible for digital transformation can turn for the all-important knowledge sharing.
Sharing their thoughts on these topics and more are Amanda Pujol, Head of Communities and Improvement at Teignbridge District Council, and Adam Gibbons, Housing and Local/Regional Government lead at Agilisys.
Key topics covered include:
- The major internal and external challenges faced by district councils
- How technology can help districts meet those challenges and the technologies that are key
- The problem of skills shortages
- The role of data and predictive analytics
- Examples of where Teignbridge has found new sources of funding and what makes a good business case
- Where transformation leaders in district councils can turn to for help and guidance
Find out more about technology enabled district councils:
To read more insights regarding technology enabled district councils and how the Agilisys team thinks the latest digital tools can transform organisations and the essential services they deliver, check out these articles: